Aerospace has been under constant pressure to develop low cost yet sustainable practices, have a robust and well-developed supply chain, improve the effectiveness of their manufacturing and MRO capability, and to move with agility to manage frequent supply disruptions.
- Skill & talent gaps: skilled employee attraction, retention and skill development, coupled with changing workforce demographics and evolving skill requirements.
- Disruption of supply networks: demand and regulatory disruption of historic supply networks driving cost escalation and reduced availability of raw materials and components.
- Network and lean facility optimization: need to quickly manage supply changes, facility efficiencies and a growth in services.
- Digitization: advanced analytics and initiating a paradigm shift in agile manufacturing, smart maintenance and reliability programs.
- Sustainable growth: demand for increased efficiencies while reducing costs and emissions.