The global chemical industry is facing challenging times, balancing the commoditization of produced products with regional growth opportunities with a massive disruption in supplied product sourcing. X/Celerant has the hands-on experience to help make the changes in a sustainable way.
- Sustainability: Demand for increased organic production capacity and yield optimization while reducing unit costs and emissions.
- Disruption of historic supply networks: Cost escalation and availability/ sourcing of raw materials; infrastructure programs for new facilities, energy and raw material feedstocks.
- Cost optimization: declining margins due to the globalization and commoditization of manufactured products.
- Opportunistic growth: Overall moderate growth projections with challenges in specialty chemical markets.
- Deal realization: continued M&A activity with renewed focus for subsequent operational readiness and organizational integration.
- Digitization: Automation and Industry 4.0 technical efforts coupled with retraining and redeployment needs of the workforce.